Sake Tasting – 8th Annual Sake Day!!!
Yes, folks we are few brief weeks away from one of the best, smartest, “funnest”, and unique sake tastings in and out of Japan. Do they have “sake challenge stations” at sake tastings in Japan? Noooooooo! I don’t think so! Do they have sake tastings in the US with over 120 sakes that the pourers actually have a firm knowledge grip about and can answer any question that you have? Nope! When was the last time you were at a silent auction and you could buy extremely rare sakes, not exported sakes, and sake items ranging from antique pots to sake aprons? Never! (Unless you’ve been to the Promised Land called Sake Day before!)
What is Sake Day? Please allow my bullet points to do my talking:
- Over 120 sakes that are freely poured for you to taste and record in our stunning Sake Day Brochure, which lists each sake and has room for notes and likeability.
- Super tasty street and izakaya food inspirations coming from the Kobe roots and presented by Koichi Sugiyama and his team from Ju-Ku Izakaya.
- Four “Sake Challenge” stations that bring thinking and drinking together in a form of sake edu-entertainment, which will test your understanding of sake and will teach those new to the sport.
- Okinawa music from the Sushi Cal Band, who will be performing live for the eight year in a row.
- A live auction that will feature some truly one of a kind sakes and sake items.
- A collection of some of the best sake educators and enthusiasts from Japan, the Bay Area and the US.
- An introduction to sake brewers and sake innovators directly from Japan.
- An introduction to the local importing, distribution, and sake selling folks who make up our awesome sake market in the Bay Area.
- An opportunity to drink sake and have a brilliant time all in the name of charity with all proceeds of Sake Day going to the Japanese Cultural Community Center of Northern California (JCCCNC), which is celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year.
Don’t be a kook! Go directly to www.sakeday.com and pull the trigger then go to FB and LIKE SakeDaySF and tell all of your friends to LIKE this superb evening event!
TICKETS ARE GOING FAST AND THE EVENT WILL BE SOLD OUT.
BUY THEM HERE!