Sake List – The Naughty & The Nice TOP TEN
1) Wakatake Onna Nakase – Junmai Daiginjo 720ml/$54
- Known as the sake that is so good it makes women cry! Hey don’t make people cry, that’s not nice! Get it?
- this sake was made using a shochu mold rather than a typical sake-making mold. It is also not charcoal filtered – Muroka – and hey! That’s mean!
- Hey! What the heck? You can’t age an unpasteurized sake for TWO years! That’s crazy and mean as hell! Very naughty indeed!
- Man’s Mountain”? Really? Man’s? Aren’t mountains for everybody? Besides more women drink this brew than the “Man’s” do! Be nice make it “Everybody’s Mountain” and stop being mean.
- Now this brew takes the naughty cake! At 20-21% alcohol think of this sneaky sneak as “that guy” at the Xmas party who goes just a little bit too far – funny as all hell but a little too far!
6) Narutotai “Red Snapper” – Yamahai Junmai Ginjo Genshu 720ml/$51
- In Japan on special occasions like birthdays and New Years it’s good luck to eat red snapper fish and good luck is sooooooo nice!
- There’s Santa’s list and there’s also the other guy’s list and it’s pretty nice to have a little heavenly grace once in a while.
- First of all festivals are really nice! Secondly, otters – come on! Is anything cooler or nicer than otters? That’s soooooo nice!
- Those are three pretty darn nice words – Heaven – Tipsy – and – Delight. It would sure be nice to be around each and every one of them!
- First of all there is not a lot of sake exported from Shimane Prefecture so it’s very nice to have Rihaku. Add to that dreamy clouds are really nice, and also the fact that Rihaku used to be a poet who would drink a bottle of sake and then write a 100 poems, which is far cooler than fist fighting, then t>his brew epitomizes nice!