True Sake Newsletter April 2014
Welcome to the 116th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this action filled edition read about my trip to Akita to discover the theme of Akita sake and to learn the Akita way, pick a Top Ten sake from the IWC 2013, don’t get tricked, read about a new sake from a just visited brewery in the Beau-Zone Layer, pencil in May 22nd for Sake San Jose, and read the “Ask Beau” section where I answer a powerful question in the form of “What is the most important step in making sake?”
In this issue:
- Sake Destinations – Akita Prefecture
- Sake Styles – The Theme of Akita Sake
- TOP TEN – 10 Sakes That Medaled At The International Wine Challenge 2013
- Sake Tricks – No April Fool’s Joke This Year?
- Sake Deliveries – True Sake Mobile
- Beau-Zone Layer – Shimizu No Mai “Pure Dusk”
- New Store Arrivals –
- Sake Events – Sake San Jose and Chokaisan & Musashino Brewery Tastings
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “What is the most important step in making sake?”
- The Secret Word –
Aramasa’s Association #6 kobo (yeast) is the oldest sake yeast in production and dates back to 1930. It is the only pure yeast strain that is available in the association.