True Sake Newsletter May 2014
Welcome to the 117th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this power packed issue think about giving sake to mom for Mother’s Day, find out what sake was poured to the President of the United States on his trip to Tokyo and why, learn what an incredible brewery Takashimizu is and why it is truly an Akita Prefecture brewery, get pissed off when you learn how Japan Airlines treats sake, let Mei help you pick a sake for your wonderful mother, go Beau-Zoning with a brew that’s in the news, check out all of the new store arrivals, and lastly read about the “rules” for pairing sushi and sake!
In this issue:
- Sake Royalty – What PM Shinzo Abe Poured Obama in Tokyo And Why?
- Sake Destinations – Takashimizu Or “Mizu Shoi” of Akita Prefecture
- Sake Injustice – How Japan’s “Airline” Treats Japan’s Sake
- Sake List – Mei’s Top Ten Mother’s Day Sakes
- True Sake Is Looking for A Few Good Sake Fans
- Beau-Zone Layer – Kamotsuru Tokusei Gold Daiginjo
- New Store Arrivals – Cherry Blossoms
- Sake Tasting – Sake San Jose plus a Dassai Pouring
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “What’s the rule for pairing sake with sushi?”
- The Secret Word –
May 11th is Mother’s Day and trust us when we say that she is so “tired” of getting flowers. Why not mix things up and get her something that will knock her hand-knit socks off? We have all types of sakes that speak to mothers of drinking age from a wonderful Daiginjo to a bright sparkling sake. We have lower alcohol sakes and of course most of the bottles are packaged so well! Sake is perfect for mom!.