October 2014 - Spooky Sake Season
Dear True Sake Reader,
Welcome to the 122th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this “Scary” edition read why sake can actually be terrifying, check out our amazing Instagram contest with killer prizes, read why you should wear your costume to True Sake on Halloween, drink up Dan’s Top Ten Scary Sakes for Halloween, get the skinny on a “Demon Slayer,” take a peek at the Fall Released Draft sakes, and find out if customers buy sake by rice varietal alone
In This Issue:
- Sake Facts - Sake Isn’t Scary …… Or Is It?
- Sake Contest: True Sake Instagram Contest
- Sake Giveaway: Visit True Sake In Costume On Halloween And You Get A Prize
- Top Ten List – Dan’s Top Ten Scary Sakes For Halloween
- Beau-Zone Layer – Wakatake Junmai Genshu
- New Store Arrivals – The Fall Released Namas Called Hiyaoroshi
- Sake Images – Is Now truesake on Instagram
- “Ask Beau” – “Do customers come in and buy sake by rice varietal?”
- The SECRET WORD –
Sake in its earliest forms back in the ancient days of this amazing beverage was eaten rather than sipped. Sake was more of a mash and was chunky like oatmeal, and the partakers used special chopsticks and a bowl as one form of eating sake. Also they would put the mash in a bowl that had a straw hole on the bottom and they would add water to the mash and drink it from earthen straws.