I was approached by several readers of the Newsletter to share more sake brewery websites so what follows is a list of some fun and crazy sake websites. Some are in English, but I prefer the Japanese-side of these bi-lingual sites. Enjoy!
- The Hakutsuru Brewery in Kobe. They have a great museum for old style production techniques and you can see a bit of it on their website.
- The Urakasumi Brewery is one of my soul-brother breweries. I like looking around the Japanese side of the site as well:
Urakasumi - Japanese
- The Gekkeikan USA website has good general info about sake made in the USA.
- Takara Sake. Another sake brewer in the US. This site for Sho Chiku Bai is worth a look for style and crispness.
- Fukumitsuya is the only "other" store in the world that I know of that sells just sake. The difference is that they only sell their sake. A cool website.
- Daishichi Sake Brewery. Love this brewery for so many reasons, and it shows because we carry 5 of their sakes.
For those looking just for crazy Japanese-only websites try these out for size:
- Tsukasabotan. I love this brewery too and we sell 4 of their brews at True Sake.
- Hokkaido Brewery This is the great Hokkaido brewery and their website is cool, like the weather up North.
- This is a section of the Japan Prestige Sake Association's website in Japan.
- Jizake.com. This the largest on-line seller of sake in Japan.