Ask Beau - "What's Your Favorite Movie and Sake Pairing?"
I love questions such as this one from David G. from Oakland, CA , who asked:
|"Do you ever pair sakes with movies - and if so what is your favorite movie and sake pairing?"|
Well, David as True Sake is two doors down from a video store, we often get customers coming in with their rental video bag and I always ask, "what are you watching and do you want a sake to pair with that?" Here are some of my better pairings for one reason or another:
- "The Usual Suspects" with Kaika Kazeno Ichirin "A Flower In The Wind"
Why? Because people always call this sake Keyser Soze by accident.
- "Fargo" with Taisetsu "Gardens of the Divine"
Why? This brew is made in the coldest part of Japan and has snow melt qualities.
- "Snatch" with Narutotai Nama Genshu Ginjo "Beau-Shu"
Why? Because this brew is like a velvety punch in the mouth.
- "Cinema Paradiso" with Shutendouji "Vulnerable Virgin"
Why? They are both sweet soft and made so lovingly!
- "The Seven Samurai" with Shichi Hon Yari "The Seven Spearsmen"
Why? Captures the old fighting spirit of Japan in a fluid and in an image.
Please send your sake specific questions to askbeau2 @ truesake.com. (This address is not for general questions and I only review the questions once per month. All correspondence should use info @ truesake.com.)