True Sake Holidays - The True Gift Packs!
Each and every day somebody will ask why I opened True Sake? And each day I reply, "Because I needed a place to buy good sake!" But there was more to it than that. I mean opening a dedicated sake store is a pretty risky proposition. That is called faith in your product. Well yes, I had faith in sake, and knew that others would soon see the light. But there were two other factors as to why I believed that the west (as in outside of Japan) was ready for a store that only sells sake. Firstly, at some point in time, everybody and I mean everybody has been given a "sake set" as a gift - from Pottery Barn or Target or brought back from Japan. So with all of these "rampant" sake sets floating around it amused me that people didn't know what to put in them. They had the vessel but not the brew itself.
Secondly, and this by far has become one of the main drivers of my business - sake is a great gift. Three out of every ten people who purchase sake do so in a gifting capacity. They come in and say "I'd like to bring a bottle of sake to a party - what do you recommend?" or they will offer "I want to give a unique gift this year to my wine drinking friends - what should I get? Etc. Gifting of sake is HUGE! There are many reasons - the uniqueness of sake, the over saturation of wine, the tie in with sushi, and of course the amazingly beautiful packaging.
When I take a bottle of sake to a party and stack it amongst all of the wine and some spirits that others bring as gifts almost always the bottle of sake is opened first and consumed far quicker than the other libations (no it's not me opening and slugging it down - not always!) There is just a fascination with nihonshu right now. So to capture that gift giving spirit we at True Sake have produced "True Packs" for the holidays. These gift boxes (very clean) hold three 300ml sakes and they have room for one of my books. In each Pack we give out a review and information about each of the brews. Great for those who want to know more as they drink more! The True Packs are as follows:
- The Sake 101 Pack
- Urakasumi Junmai
- Wakatake Junmai Ginjo
- Yaegaki Mu Junmai Dai Ginjo
- With signed copy of "Sake - A Modern Guide" by me.
- The Designer Pack (really beautiful bottles)
- Koshi no Omachi Junmai Dai Ginjo
- Tenzan Junmai Genshu
- Bunraku Yamahai Junmai
- With signed book $69 and without $52
- The Dry and Bold Pack (each bottle has a manly image!)
- Suigei Junmai
- Shichi Hon Yari Junmai
- Murai Family Tokubetsu Honjozo
- With signed book $57 and without $40
- The Bright and Beautiful Pack (each bottle has a pretty image!)
- Kudoki Jozu Junmai Ginjo
- Nanbu Bijin Junmai Ginjo
- Kaguyahime Junmai
- With signed book $56 and without $39
- The Nigori "Unfiltered" Pack
- Oimatsu Junmai Nigori
- Hakutsuru Junmai Nigori
- Hitorimusume Junmai Nigori
- With signed book $53 and without $36
- The Hanukkah Pack (this is not kosher but the bottles are blue and cool)
- Kan Chiku Junmai Dai Ginjo
- Amanoto Junmai Ginjo Usu-Nigori
- Hakutsuru Junmai Dai Ginjo
- With signed book $59 and without $42
Because of the shape of the packs and the extra shipping expenses we CANNOT ship these Gift Packs. But we can always talk your through some good brews if you would like to order something for gifting purposes for the holiday season.