True Sake Newsletter April 2008
Welcome to the April Issue of America's sake-centric newsletter. In this issue get the "bad news" and deal with it, ask Ed Lehrman why sake is where it is at today, see how sake "meats" Brazilian cuisine, and if you're ever in the Bahamas and need a sake fix.......
In this issue:
- Sake Big Picture - 5 Questions For 5 Importers
- Sake Moment - When Next In The Bahamas "Shogun"
- Sake Challenge - Taking Sake Into The West or East
- Sake Bummer - Thank You Our Dear Government!
- New Store Arrivals - Masumi Arabashiri, Watari Bune, Kuheiji, More Namas!
- Sake Selects - Miwa and Lynette Select Monthly Brews
- True Sake In The News - The Single Guy Chef Blog
- Special Events - April 21st "7 Nigori Blind Tasting"
- "Ask Beau" - "Is there anybody else out there?"
- The SECRET WORD
Did you know that you could age sake? Yup! It's called Koshu or Juku- Seishu if it has been aged for two or more years. Age it over 5 years and that's called Hizo-shu. And for the royal treatment of sake aged for 10 or more years you can call that Dai-Koshu. Bottom-line is that certain brews are constructed to mature and the results are outstanding.