True Sake Newsletter October 2008
Welcome to the October Issue of America's sake-centric newsletter. In this month's rag read about the ancient genesis of sake, try to walk- the-sake-walk, check out Chikurin, bring a bottle of brew to a crab shack, and see all of the sake events this month including the always enjoyable Joy of Sake tasting on October 23rd.
In this issue:
- Sake Story - Sake As A Food Source
- Sake Humor - Well Not Really That Funny!
- Sake Spotlight - Tamiko Ishidate Looks At Chikurin Junmai Ginjo
- Sake Challenge - Sake Goes To Crab Shacks & Fish Houses!
- New Store Arrivals - Tsukasbotan, Miyasaka, Houraisen (angry fish)
- Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews
- Sake Events - October Is Stacked! Including Joy of Sake!
- "Ask Beau" - "What is koji - really?"
- The SECRET WORD
The brewery in Iwate Prefecture called Nanbu Bijin uses a special (white) koji mold for their nama-sake, because it creates a better aroma that lasts a little longer than their normal (yellow) koji-kin.