True Sake Newsletter December 2008
Welcome to the December Issue of America's sake-centric newsletter. In this edition read how you can make sake - that's right read how you could apply to a great brewery in Osaka to make sake for 5 days for free - is there a better way to learn about sake than on-the-job training - we think not! Also check out the holiday specials at True Sake if you are in a gift-giving slump. Take a peek at a new micro- brewery in Minnesota that's not making beer, take in a head to head review on two brews from Hyogo and learn the reason why Beau Timken parties with three glasses of sake!
In this issue:
- Sake Season - Holiday Cheers
- Sake Opportunity - You Can Work In A Brewery For A Week!
- Sake Outposts - Moto-i Is Making History
- Sake Spotlight - Janice Stein Looks at Two Kasumi Tsuru Sakes
- New Store Arrivals - Fall Drafts '08
- True Sake In The News - MON Magazine
- "Ask Beau" - " Why do you use three glasses to taste?"
- The SECRET WORD
Please don't call it Goldschlagger! Yes, there are some very delicious sakes that have pounded gold leaf flakes floating within the brew. Don't worry about swallowing these "inert" pretty flakes in "Kinpaku" (gold flake) sake because you cannot taste them. Why are they there? To celebrate good times and good fortune - and yes they make great presents!