True Sake Newsletter March 2009
Welcome to the March Issue of America's sake-centric newsletter. In this edition read about how to make your "Green" St. Pat's Day a sake drinking affair, learn about our latest effort to torture sake via a temperature swing experiment, see how one sake soul always has 30 bottles of opened sake in his fridge, get your "Yuho" on, and catch a glimpse of a sake store in Hokkaido.
In this issue:
- Sake Season - Top Ten Reasons Why St. Pat's Day Is For Sake
- Sake Knowledge - The Definitive Temperature Swing Experiment
- Sake Spotlight - Alex Vanderburgh and 23 Opened Bottles of Sake
- True Sake In the News - Philip Harper in LA Times, Sebo at 3, La Mar
- Sake Exclusives - Urakasumi Honjozo Genshu
- Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews
- New Store Arrivals - Spring Namas and Yuho x 2
- "Ask Beau" - "Don't Call Me Mr. Timken"
- The SECRET WORD
Green Sake - no don't do that! But remember that nama-zake in some cases has a nice fresh tinge of green, almost electric green, to it. This is best seen in a white ceramic cup, and truly represents fresh sake.