True Sake Newsletter May 2009
Welcome to the May Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue it's all about Mom! (even the shhhhh "SECRET WORD") Can't think of a gift for your mother? We can! Read about a chocolate friendly sake that sparked a blog attack. Say goodbye for the season to the Mukune International Sake Brewing Program. Take in the very unique sake vs. Indian food pairing in the Sake Challenge. Check out the new flight of nama-zakes, and see what Miwa and Lynette are recommending. Learn how to clean your masu. Lastly May is LOADED with sake events - take a peek at the "Sake Events" section and book now!
In this issue:
- Sake Story - Top Ten Mom's Day Sakes
- Sake Moment - The Power Of Talking Kijoshu
- Sake Memory - The Mukune International Sake Brewing Program
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Southern Indian Cuisine
- New Store Arrivals - The Late Spring Nama Collection
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- True Sake In The News - Japan Times
- Sake Events - May 11 JFC - May 14 JOTO - May 21st Sake San Jose - May 27 MJS Selections
- "Ask Beau" - How can you clean a masu?
- The SECRET WORD
What's in that bottle? When you hold up a bottle of sake think 80-20. Because 80% of the final product is water and 20% is alcohol. And yes alcohol is lighter than water, so naturally we can assume that the alcohol is floating on top of a rested bottle. By all means undulate that brew before serving to blend the alcohol and the water for a more balanced pour!