True Sake Newsletter April 2010
Welcome to the April Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue learn the real reason why you were spared yet another devious April Fools edition, read about the potential future of making local sake to reduce the price of brews, hear about Miwa's recent trip to Kanazawa in Ishikawa Prefecture, check out the new arrivals, learn about the extremely limited "trial" offerings that we have going on, save the dates of April 16th and April 30rd to taste some nama-zakes, and learn some sake party factoids!
In this issue:
- Sake Fooling Around - April Fools vs. April Rules
- Sake Pioneers - The Most Important Man in Sake?
- Sake Trial - Five "Trial Basis" Sakes to Explore
- True Sake Exclusives - Miwa's Wataribune Shiboritate Alert
- Sake Events - April 16th and April 30th Nama-zake Tastings
- Sake Stuff - Japanese For Sake Lovers
- New Store Arrivals - Masumi Arabashiri '10, Ichishima Koshu, Jinyu, Yukikage
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- Sake & Miwa - Snapshots from Kanazawa
- "Ask Beau" - "Do you have any sake party factoids?"
- The SECRET WORD
Sake and cheese? You bet! There is a very strong movement for pairing sake with cheese both here in the US and in Japan. One wouldn't think it would work, but it does. And brews you'd swear would never go well with a cheese type do! Higher acidity sakes tend to take on creamier cheeses better and dryer sakes take on saltier cheesy with ease.