True Sake Newsletter June 2010
Welcome to the June Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue discover what the world has to offer the sake universe, see how a crazy Norwegian is making a beer using a special sake yeast, read about the next generation of sake brewery owners, buy some sake shaving cream, try our new Urakasumi "Tri-Pak," rejoice in our clerical error which allows you the chance to try a very interesting Aramasa sake, and applaud/congratulate Miwa-san for getting married!
Saturday June 12th: TRUE SAKE WILL BE CLOSED.
In this issue:
- Sake Universe - The International Sake Tasting!
- Sake Beer - Nogne Beer Brewery Making Sake Yeast Beer
- Sake News - Japan Times Article About Sake's Next Generation
- Sake Buy-Products! - Sake Shaving Cream
- Sake Events - "Meet the Brewer" Tasting & the Sake Professional Course
- Sake Dealio - Urakasumi "Three Ways" - The "Urak Tri-Pak"
- Sake Trial - Five "Trial Basis" Sakes to Explore **Aramasa is Back
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- Sake & Miwa - Sake for the Special Day
- "Ask Beau"
- The SECRET WORD
Famous yeasts make famous sakes! Going back to 1900 or thereabouts when the first yeast were isolated - before that all fermentation was naturally occurring - there have been several super-star products that came from breweries that you know and love. For example Aramasa gave us the famous #6, Masumi shot the lights out with #7, and Koro in Kumamoto gave us the extremely famous #9. We have each of these "kobos" at True Sake right now for you to taste.