True Sake Newsletter September 2010
Welcome to the September Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue make a point to get your SakeDay tickets immediately, test yourself on your own sake drinking profiles, drink some sakes specifically for the rice varietal, read about True Sake in JapanUP Magazine, discover the truth that sake and Indonesian food go together, plan your sake brewery tour, and learn why sake is so consistent each and every year.
We are closed on Labor Day, September 6th.
In this issue:
- SAKE DAY 2010 - October 1st Is The 5th Anniversary!
- True Rice - Drink Your Grains
- Sake Profile - "What Have You Learned?"
- True Sake In The News - JapanUP does a piece on BT
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Indonesian Food
- Sake Events - Sake Day 2010, Sake Tours 2011
- Sake & Miwa - Something for You
- "Ask Beau" - "Why don't sakes vary year-in and year-out?"
- The SECRET WORD
We all know that there is a special sweet sake used for cooking - Mirin. But have you ever tried cooking with a better Junmai? Sake works very well as "treatment" for many dishes, including sake-cured gravlox, sake-steamed clams, and risotto with sake amongst others. Likewise, if you ever have a sake that has been in the fridge too long or is long in the tooth we recommend either heating it to drink or use it for cooking.