True Sake Newsletter November 2010
Welcome to the November Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue it's time to get fowl about sake and drill in your mind that Thanksgivings are made for nihonshu, recount Sake Day2010 and what you missed, enjoy Chizuko Niikawa's Sake Spotlight on the Daishichi brewery, taste sake and Spanish food pairings, and discover what it would take for a sake Vlog in the True Sake sense to be born.
In this issue:
- True Turkey - Ten Fowl Sake Facts & Brews To Choose!
- Sake Day 2010 - You Missed It Dude!
- Sake Spotlight - Chizuko Niikawa Takes on Daishichi
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Spanish Tapas
- Sake Events - Hiyaoroshi, Hayes Valley Block Party
- New Store Arrivals - Seasonal, New and Exclusive
- Deals & Specials
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- "Ask Beau" - "Why don't you do SakeTV or a sake vlog?"
- The SECRET WORD
Whistle while you work! Historically sake brewery workers sang songs to not only make the time pass, but used these songs to account for time itself. Certain parts of the brewing process like soaking the rice or pole ramming steamed rice, needed very specific timing. Thus songs were created and used to account for this specific timing.