True Sake Newsletter October 2010
Welcome to the October Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue read about the first batch of sakes made in Norway, discover what Chapter 11 means in the sake world, see how magazines get it wrong and right about sake, learn what a retailer in Hokkaido thinks about big vs small breweries, and drool over the great combination of chicken skin and Yamahai sake.
In this issue:
- True First - The New Sake Frontier
- Sake Busts - Chapter 11 In a Sake Sense
- Sake Spotlight - Carlin Kumada Does Micro vs. Macro Jizake Style
- True Sake In The News - Grape Magazine
- Sake Events - Trade-Only Niigata Sake Tasting, Sake Tours
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- Sake & Miwa - On a Mental Vacation
- "Ask Beau" - "Name one local flavor that goes well with sake!"
- The SECRET WORD
It is safe to say that many small breweries aren't the best branders of sake historically, but they learn fast and realize that a catchy label or brand really does attract more attention. From the Murai Family line to the new Tsukinokatsura brand many faces are changing all for the better. See if you can identify any new labels!