True Sake Newsletter August 2011
Welcome to the August Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue read how and why Beau Timken is a big hypocrite, learn the secret about the now-famous Cowboy Yamahai sake, get the low-down on sake in a can, discover a "right" way to describe sake, and enjoy a boatload of specials at the store. And lastly do not forget to SAVE THIS DATE: October 1st for our 6th Annual Sake Day Celebration!
CLOSED on Labor Day, Monday 9/5
In this issue:
- Sake Truths - I'm Guilty of Being a Hypocrite At Philip Harper's Expense
- Sake - Cowboy Yamahai!
- Sake Packaging - Sake Can! Can You?
- Sake Images - Photos From the Soul of Sake
- SAVE THE DATE - October 1st Sake Day
- Happy 8th Anniversary Sales - Two Days Only
- Store New Arrivals - Nigori, Nama, and more Nama
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "I never know how to describe sake - any hints?"
- The SECRET WORD
Yes, some rice varietals that aren't pure strain do have parents. A very popular varietal that is getting a lot of play in Niigata these days is a rice called Koshitanrei. And its parents are two pretty well known rice varietals called Yamadanishiki and Gohakyumangokyu. To see a picture of milled Koshitanrei check this out. (pdf file)