True Sake Newsletter July 2011
Welcome to the July Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue read the Top Ten reasons why sake should be more popular, get reminded about Sake Day 2011, agree or disagree with how beer makes you feel at a BBQ, and learn the real scoop with radiation in the sake industry in Japan.
In this issue:
- Sake Environment - Top Ten Reasons Why Sake Should Be More Popular
- Sake Strengths - Tastes Great & Less Filling!
- Sake Day 2011 - SAVE THIS DATE - CIRCLE YOUR CALENDAR
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- True Sake In The News - Uncorked
- Sake Events - Summer Nama Sample Tasting
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - Setting the Record Straight On Radiation in the Sake Industry
- The SECRET WORD
Hakkaisan brewery in Niigata is a "big" brewery and they do a lot of machine made sake for their lesser grades. But they firmly believe that there should be no automated koji-making machine, so they make all of their koji by hand. Others swear by their mechanical koji making machines, but Hakkaisan says no way!