True Sake Newsletter September 2011
Welcome to the September Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue get your grip on a value play in the sake world to save a few bucks, learn which sake is so good it "makes women cry," find out which sakes we carry at True Sake that won medals at this year's International Wine Challenge, read why you should always bring a bottle of sake to your favorite Vietnamese restaurant, and discover what sakes have recently been in Beau's glass.
CLOSED on Saturday 10/1 (but see you at Sake Day Event!)
In this issue:
- Sake Focus - Wakatake "Onna Nakase" Makes Us Cry!
- Sake Economics - Ishobin = The Value Sake Bottle
- Sake Awards - International Wine Challenge
- Sake Day 2011 - SAVE THIS DATE - OCTOBER 1st
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Vietnamese Food
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Sake Event - Don't Miss the "Gasanryu" Tasting
- Recent Sake Reviews
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "So what is in your glass these days?"
- The SECRET WORD
It's taken the west quite some time to learn how to pronounce the word sake. For decades we have been skiing - Saki! And only now are learning to drag out the Kay at the end of the word - Sa-kay. But I still default to the French accent as the most entertaining way of saying Sake. Their pronunciation makes sake sound sexy, which of course it is!