True Sake Newsletter November 2011
Welcome to the November Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue meet the perfect advertising "mascot" for the sake industry, be a sake detective and solve some serious sake mysteries, get in that Turkey mindset for your rice and water pairing, take a look at some seasonally released sakes that work well with fall flavors, check out the three upcoming sake tastings 11.11.11 for a Gohyakumangoku Tasting (sakes with all the same rice - presents will be given away), 11.30.11 for Kikusui Night at True Sake (A first introductory pouring for their new "Perfect Snow" nigori), and 12.2.11 for a "3 Brewery Tasting" on True Sake's Hayes Valley Block Party Night.
In this issue:
- Sake Advertising - Where's The Beef?
- Sake CSI - Drinking Sake Clues!
- Sake vs. Bird Challenge - 5 Years Later Is Sake On Your Turkey Table?
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Sake Events - Night of Gohyakumangoku, Kikusui Nigori & Hiyaoroshi, Sake Tour Brewery Tasting & Hayes Valley Block Party
- Seasonal Sakes - The Fall "Draft" Hiyaoroshi Sakes Are Here!
- Special Arrival - Oka 30th Anniversary, Kinka, and Kozaemon
- Sake Excursions - Sake Tours 2012
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "What do you have against nigori sake?"
- The SECRET WORD
Sake typically has 1/3 the acidity of white wine. For fall foods that are rich and savory an elevated acidity push is recommended for a better pairing. Look for sakes with acidity levels above 1.5 as this "strength" makes for a better balance with the cuisines at hand.