True Sake Newsletter October 2011
Welcome to the October Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue see, hear, and taste what you missed at Sake Day 2011, check out the color "Aqua", find a "Beautiful Boy," witness a locally made sake getting a Gold, salivate over the Fall released namas, and much more.
Joy of Sake In NYC "Benefit For Brewery Families" October 21st
In this issue:
- Sake Day 2011 - Rewind "A Toast To Recovery!"
- Sake Focus - Shirataki Jozen Junmai "Aqua"
- Sake Spotlight - Jill Jefferson Finds A Beautiful Boy
- Sake Awards - A Historical First - Sho Chiku Bai Gets A Gold At US Nationals
- Seasonal Sakes - The Fall "Draft" Hiyaoroshi Sakes Are Here!
- Sake Events - Joy Of Sake In NYC "Benefit For Brewery Families"
- Sake Excursions - Sake Tours 2012
- True Sake In The News - Sake Day Recap By SF Station
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- "Ask Beau" - "What is one of your biggest peeves about the sake industry?"
- The SECRET WORD
If brewing rice is so important than how do you rate it? There is a very serious grading scale and it goes as follows: Tokujo = 1st class Tokto = 2nd class Itto = 3rd class Nitto = 4th class Sunto = 5th class Tougai = no class! One year a farmer may grow Tokto rice and the next Sunto!