True Sake Newsletter January 2012
Welcome to the January Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue read about our sake goals for 2012, get rewarded with our new FiveStar rewards program, learn about how little impact the radiation scare has had on the sake industry, check out Philip Harper's new website and blog, sneak a peek at a sake cocktail that was inspired by a sake freaker, dip into the Beau-Zone Layer, mark down the upcoming sake events and much more.
In this issue:
- Sake Goals - Not Resolutions But Goals For 2012
- Sake Rewards - True Sake Offers FiveStar Rewards Program
- Sake Situation - Interview with a Fukushima Brewer About Radiation Update
- Sake Sites - Tamagawa and Philip's New Blog
- Sake Cocktails - BT Gets a Named Sake Cocktail (Sort Of)
- Beau-Zone Layer - Get Foodie With Otokoyama Fukkoshu
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Sake Events - The Blind Sake Tasting and Katafune Brewery Tasting
- New Arrivals - First Winter Namas to Sparkling Sake
- Sake Deals & Specials - Daiginjo, Nigori & Hiyaoroshi
- Sake Excursions - Sake Tours 2012
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "How can I throw a sake tasting party?"
- The SECRET WORD
This is a "Reminder" to drink your sake! Check your fridge, wine cellar, and cabinets for sakes that you may have forgotten about or are "saving." Sake is perishable and should be consumed 12-15 months after release date, and quite often people forget to drink their sakes in this timely manner. Don't be "that guy" who kicks himself after finding a 4 year-old gift bottle of sake stashed in a closet somewhere.