True Sake Newsletter May 2012
Welcome to the May Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this very special issue learn why we have so much fun "Fooling" people with our April Fool's Newsletter, see what are most customers favorite sake bottles and labels, discover the true purpose of the Angels of the Sake World, ponder the age-old question of adding "rocks" to your sake, take a peak at a special Tokubetsu Honjozo from Niigata, get a rope around the very popular Cowboy Yamahai, and enjoy the worst tasting fermented beverage ever to grace Beau's lips.
SHORT HOURS & STORE CLOSED
- Saturday May 12: Open at 2pm
- Monday, May 14: Closed
- Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day): Open 12-6pm
- Sake Secret - Yes the April Newsletter Was All A Joke
- Sake Retail - Top Ten Favorite Bottles and Labels
- Sake Pet - How Does That Fruit Fly Always Find My Sake?
- Sake Suggestions - On The Rocks!
- Beau-Zone Layer - Ichishima Honjozo
- True Sake In The News - LA Weekly - Cowboy Yamahai Rides Again
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- New Arrivals - Seikyo Nama, Denshin Nama, Masumi Arabashiri
- Sake Events - So Many in May and June
- Out of State Shipping - 19 States We Can Ship To
- True Monthly Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "What was the worst sake that you ever tasted"?
- The SECRET WORD
The next time you drink nigori sake do a little test. Keep the bottle upright in your fridge, so all of the sediment is resting on the bottom. Do not shake the sake. Gently pour a little bit out of the top "clear" portion of the bottle into a glass. Then shake/undulate the remaining portion and pour into a second glass. Then do a taste test. You will be surprised how different the two will taste and feel!