True Sake Newsletter November 2012
Welcome to the 99th Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this holiday issue read about the myriad of reasons to incorporate sake into your Thanksgiving dinner plans, learn about pasteurization and in particular about Hiyaoroshi fall released sakes, check out a special "aging" experiment, discover the new arrivals in the store, and stop pondering if sake will make you fat.
STORE CLOSED: Thanksgiving Day, November 22nd
In this issue:
- Sake Bird - Think Sake When Giving Thanks!
- Sake Pasteurization - Fall Draft Sakes Are Called "Hiyaoroshi"
- Sake Experiment - Aging "Hiyaoroshi" Sakes
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Sake Events - Miwa's Unique Pop-up, Hayes Valley Block Party, Sake Brewery Tours Tasting
- New Arrivals - 4 Seasonal Hiyaoroshi, Haguro and Fukucho
- Beau-Zone Layer - Niwa no Uguisu "Daruma"
- True Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "Will sake make me fat?"
- The SECRET WORD
How much rice makes how much sake? It's a great "average" question. But in general 1 kg of un-milled rice makes 1,380ml of sake. Or for us non-metric folks 1 lb of brown or unpolished rice yields about 20 fl oz.