True Sake Newsletter May 2013
Welcome to the 105th Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue get the low-down on the International Wine Challenge 2013 in London, learn how you can help better the sake market here and abroad, find out how putting an egg in hot sake can bring you health, discover which sake brewer ironically visited the store unannounced, dig on the upcoming sake tastings, and hear the whispers about a True Sake 10th Anniversary party that is on the hush hush!
In this issue:
- Sake Judging - The International Wine Challenge 2013 London
- Sake Industry - Protecting Against Poor Quality Sakes In The Market
- Sake Health - Tamago-Zake For When You Are Sick!
- Sake Story - Sake Serendipity
- Sake Tastings - Kirinzan / Dassai / Musashimo Breweries
- Sake Dinner - May 20th at Izakaya Yuzuki with maker of Chikurin
- New Store Arrivals - Kamotsuru & Esshu
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Beau-Zone Layer - Kenbishi Honjozo
- Ask Beau - Are you going to have a party for your Tenth Anniversary?
- The SECRET WORD
O-shaku is the concept of pouring sake for your companion. Some call it MAD - mutually assured destruction and in some senses it is as folks just fresh from work look to get their buzz on by pouring quickly for a thirsty friend. But at the end of the day friends pour sake for themselves, and the act of O-shaku is more of a formality for those who do not know each other that well. And contrary to popular notion it is not bad luck to pour your own sake!