True Sake Newsletter August 2013
Welcome to the 108th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue read about the real scoop why True Sake opened its doors ten years ago, giggle at several sake selling retail nightmares, fixate on a Top Ten list of sakes you should try before you die, get stoked for the 8th Annual Sake Day on Sept. 28th, learn about a new nama and sparkling sake, get “Zoned” on a very traditional sake made the ol’ way, and try to guess what are the best selling sakes in the store.
Please note that the store will be closed on August 8th
In this issue:
- True Truth – The Motivation For True Sake
- Sake Bloopers – Ten Years of Sake Selling Snafus
- Sake List – Top Ten Sakes That You Have Yet To Try
- Sake Tastings – 8th Annual Sake Day 2013
- New Store Arrivals – Denshin, Ozeki Hana-Fuga
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Beau-Zone Layer - Sawanoi Kioke Jikomi Iroha 'Fountain of Tokyo'
- Ask Beau - What is the most popular sake in the store and why?
- The SECRET WORD
On my first day of business I had 3 sales. One was to a fellow merchant from Hayes valley, and two went to family members. Things picked up day two and I sold 8 bottles of sake. I recorded each purchase by hand in a spiral binder. On each of the first 6 days of business I screwed up the tax. My earliest “wow!” record day was $300. Thankfully that would change in time!