Welcome to the 173rd Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this chilly winter’s edition find out why the Year of the Pig is great for sake, learn how True Sake is getting naked, read about a “Perfect” sake if that exists, check out the Top 10 List to read what sakes go well with pork (yes a Chinese New Year’s tie-in), go mining the archives with KJ, figure out why Harada is in the “Beau-Zone” Layer, get down with Phoenix, Den, Kiuchi, and Katafune in the New Store Arrivals, and read why we have expanded our inventory and sake offerings.
!!Attention!! Just in case you missed the announcement, we can now ship to many of your states. We are partnering with a third party shipper who can send you your sake!
The states we cannot ship to are ND, NH, UT, MS, AL, VT, KY, SD.
*Please see our Terms and Conditions for full details on shipping regulations.
In this issue:
- True Horoscope – Chinese New Year of the Pig 2019
- True News – True Sake Is Getting Naked!
- True Secrets – Is There a “Perfect” Sake?
- Top 10 List – Ten Sakes That Pair Well With Pork
- Sake Archives – KJ Mines The Archives For “Amazing” Articles
- The “Beau Zone” Layer – Harada “Brew Master”
- New Store Arrivals - Phoenix, Den4, Kikusakari, Katafune Genshu
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “The store looks different – why?”
For every ten sake makers that you talk to nine will say that making the koji rice is THE most important step in making good sake. So who is the one guy? He’s the guy who’s out of the box and says that “steaming” the rice is absolutely the most vital step in making great sake. I like this guy! And in my limited experience making sake for a few weeks or a month at a time I believe that steaming the rice was extremely important to improve the entire process from dissolving the rice properly to releasing the rice’s inner magic. Making koji is hard indeed, but proper steaming makes sake great! My two cents.