TOP 5 List – The Top Five Sake Day “Welcome Sakes”
Since it is Sake Day Season we felt it would be fun to pick 5 sakes that have played a large role in the history of Sake Day. Each Nihonshu no hi we select a “Welcome Sake” that we hand pour to the guests as they enter the event. In no particular order, here are five sakes for you to “welcome” to your own personal Sake Day at home!
- This super dry Honjozo was very well received by those guests who like cold dry brews that are clean and quick. A very dry hi!
- This was our first table sake or “Futsu-shu” that we served as the welcome sake for Sake Day! And this so-called “cheap” sake stole the day as the guests loved the round softness and richness of this very clean and drinkable brew.
- This was our welcome sake when Sake Day was held at the Jewish Community Center of SF. A year-aged Junmai Ginjo from this legendary brewery was super well received for a very round and expressive sake that has layers of richness.
- This by far was one of the most popular welcome sakes at any Sake Day! I think we sold more bottles after Sake Day of this brew then we ever did before. Why? It’s an amazing sake with round and lush fruit tones!
- And volià! This was perhaps my most favorite welcome sake from Sake Day ever. We had to keep pouring and pouring this brew as guests kept coming back for seconds and thirds! It is an amazing Junmai Daiginjo that is layered and silky!