May 2016 - May (be) Late
Welcome to the 141st Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this end of the month issue read about the amazing tenth anniversary of the International Wine Challenge sake competition in Japan that was heavily televised, check out a sake destination in Osaka that “gets” sake, find out what brewery was on BT’s Bucket List, drink in some Gold Medal sakes in the Top Ten List, go Beau-Zoning with Kenbishi, see what has come in the shop in the New Store Arrivals, find a Popular Mechanics magazine to read about True Sake, and finally take a quick glance at BT acting like a rice growing farmer in Hyogo-ken planting super grade Yamada Nishiki.
In this issue:
- Sake Competitions – The Tenth Anniversary of Sake at The IWC
- Sake Spots – Places That “Get” Sake and Don’t Have SAS!
- Sake Bucket List – BT Visited The Mysterious Kenbishi Brewery
- Top 10 List – Ten IWC Medal Winning Sakes and Breweries!
- Beau-Zone Layer – Kenbishi “Kuromatsu”
- New Store Arrivals – Ohyama, Tsukasabotan, Kirinzan
- True Sake In The News – Popular Mechanics Magazine
- Sake Day – Save This Date For A SF Sake Weekend!
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “What was your favorite thing you did for the IWC?”