September 2014 - Every Day is Sake Day!
Dear True Sake Reader,
Welcome to the 121st issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this “dry” issue learn some new tricks on how to navigate a sake menu for the best values, take a final look at Sake Day and get your tix ASAP, join Hiromi Iiuchi as she does a French food “Sake Challenge,” get really dry with ten sakes that will help beat the drought in California, try to write a review for one of those overly complex sakes that are so hard to describe, see what is new to the store, and find out the real reason Uncle Ben doesn’t make sake.
In this issue:
- Sake Tricks – How To Navigate A Sake Menu
- True Sake Live – Presents the 9th Annual Sake Day 2014
- Sake Challenge - Hiromi Iiuchi Puts Sake Up Against French Fare
- Top Ten List – Top TEN “Drought Buster” Dry Sakes
- Beau-Zone Layer – Jinyu “Brave Warrior’ Junmai Ginjo
- New Store Arrivals – 2 New Premium Brews
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “ Can you make sake using Uncle Ben’s rice?”
- The Secret Word –
This is Shhhhhhhh! Don’t tell anybody! But at this year’s Sake Day 2014 the brewers who make Sho Chiku Bai will be pouring a limited released Junmai Daiginjo, which is fantastic. So much so it may join the portfolio! Just a few days left to get your tickets!