True Sake Newsletter April 2006
In this issue:
- It's All In The Bottle -- The Shape of Sake
- Space Sake -- Tosa Space Yeast ( The New Frontier For Sake)
- True Sake In The News -- Sebo; ANA in-flight Video Mag; April W&S
- Sake Spotlight -- Daren Epstein Goes Bonkers For Dewazakura!
- New Store Arrivals -- Namas, Urakasumi DG
- Special Events -- Night of the Nigori -- Feedback Tasting
- Summary of the "Sake 101" Tasting
- "Ask Beau" -- Open Bottles of Sake
- The SECRET WORD
How do you say sake anyway? Most westerners call sake "saki" like ski! This is incorrect. The best way is to soften the ending in a "kay" fashion, as in "sa-kay." But when in Japan use the word Nihonshu or Seishu, as sake means all alcoholic beverages like wine, spirits etc.