True Sake Newsletter May 2008
Welcome to the May Issue of America's sake-centric newsletter. In this edition travel to London and partake in a massive sake and wine tasting, tip your cap to "The Sake Guy," get ready to do some rice shortage panic sake buying, karate chop two Dai Ginjos, and check out the bevy of new Nama sakes!
In this issue:
- Sake Relevance - BT Does The IWC in The UK
- Sake Moment - JG Does Turns 100
- Sake Bummer - RICE PANIC!
- Sake Spotlight - Alex Vanderburgh Challenges Two Dai Ginjos
- New Store Arrivals - Spring Nama Second Flight
- Sake Selects - Miwa and Lynette Select Monthly Brews
- True Sake In The News - WSJ and SF Chronicle
- Sake Events - When Next In France......
- "Ask Beau" - "I have been enjoying light sakes but want to go heavier - how?"
- The SECRET WORD
A rice varietal called Ginpu only grows in Hokkaido Prefecture. It is a cold weather rice strain and is quite short by brewing rice standards. And you can try it in a brew called Taisetsu for $20/720ml.