True Sake Newsletter July 2010
Welcome to the July Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue remember to think rice and water when you break out the summer grill, take a gander at the "organic" movement in the sake world, read Liloa Papa's Sake Spotlight on a bunch of brews, feast your eyes on a sake vs. Turkish food Sake Challenge, taste a Miyagi brew three ways, and much more.
In this issue:
- Sake Reminder - Grill Master Where's Your Brew?
- Sake Trend - The Race To Organic Sake - Worth It?
- Sake Spotlight - The "Big Guy" Reviews Some SakeOne Brews
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Turkish Food
- Sake Events - Summer Nama Tasting on Bastille Day
- Sake Dealio - Urakasumi "Three Ways" - The "Urak Tri-Pak"
- True Sake Selects - Team True Sake Select Monthly Brews of Note
- Sake & Miwa - Trade-only Sake Events
- "Ask Beau" - "What is your biggest sake weakness?"
- The SECRET WORD
Sake has many different names - literally. Every brewery has a brewery name, which is owned by a family that has a family name, and if that is not enough that brewery may name their sakes by a brand name. For example, there is a brewery in Yamagata called Kamenoi Shuzo, which is owned by the Imai family, but you may know the sakes by their brand name, Kudoki Jozu (which loosely translates into the "Pick-up Artist)