True Sake Newsletter August 2010
Welcome to the August issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue, circle that special SakeDay October 1st, come celebrate 20% off in the store on our 7th Anniversary on August 7th, see why sake is the "buzz", read Melinda Joe's take on Jozen, take sake to a Peruvian Sake Challenge, check out the August tasting, find out what's going on in Miwa's sake world, and learn which sake breweries have sold the most at True Sake.
In this issue:
- SAVE THE DATE! - October 1st!
- True Sake Turns 7 - Happy Anniversary!
- Sake Grab Bag - A Couple Sake "Things"
- Sake Buzz - That Mysterious Feeling!
- Sake Spotlight - Melinda Joe Does Jozen
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Peruvian Food
- Sake Events: Masumi Sake & Pairing Tasting at Nombe, "Funky" Sake Tasting
- New Store Arrivals - Summer Namas are here!
- Sake Dealio - Urakasumi "Three Ways" - The "Urak Tri-Pak"
- Sake & Miwa: One Sake. Nine different ways.
- "Ask Beau" - "What sake brewery have you sold the most sake for?"
- The SECRET WORD
The time of sake brewing water! Many breweries speak about how long water takes to get from the closest mountains to travel down through the earth and then come up in the well's pump! Some breweries state that this process takes several hundred years to go from snow to river to underground river to well. One brewery stated this process took 700 years and they could prove it. Another brewery sells "100 year-old water."