True Sake Newsletter December 2010
Welcome to the December Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue take the pain out of holiday shopping, get a "woody" with taru sake and a "barrel" poem, poke some fun at AT&T, sneak a peek at an aged nama-zake, witness how sake works well with Cuban cuisine, and scoff at Beau's blown New Year's Resolutions of 2010.
- Saturdays 12/4, 12/11 & 12/18: 11am -7pm
- Friday 12/24, Christmas Eve: 11am - 4pm
- Saturday 12/25, Christmas Day: Closed
- Friday 12/31, New Years Eve: 11am - 4pm (20% off on sparkling sakes in-store only)
- Saturday 1/1, New Years Day: Closed
- Sake Season - Ten Sake Gifts For The Holidays
- Sake Poem - "A Sake Barrel" And Taru Sake
- True Sake Protest - Thank God AT&T Does NOT Make Sake
- Sake Spotlight - BT Goes Aged Nama With Harushika
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Cuban
- Sake Event - 20th Annual Hayes Valley Block Party, Sales, Surprises
- True Sake Selects - Sake 101 samplers, Great gift box, Great ideas
- Sake & Miwa - In the Sprit of Reflection
- "Ask Beau" - "Did you live up to your 2010 New Years Sake Resolutions?"
- The SECRET WORD
The next "movement" in the sake world is for individual prefectures to start branding and marketing individually. As Napa, CA brands, so too do Niigata, Yamagata and Akita Prefectures. This "location awareness" campaign has also fostered a new return to a terroir movement. Think local!