True Sake Newsletter February 2011
Welcome to the February Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this issue do the best thing for Valentine's Day and get a bonus for doing it, check out the first "Blind Hot Sake Tasting," get heated up for some of the best warming sakes in the store, get "Organic" with Tamiko Ishidate, eat up our Vegetarian Sake Challenge, and figure out a True Sake Twitter scenario in "Ask Beau."
In this issue:
- Sake Hearts - Donate Blood for V-Day = 20% Off!
- Sake Exploration - Recapping the Blind Hot Sake Tasting
- Sake "Hots" - Ten Brews Worth Heating
- Sake Spotlight - Tamiko Ishidate Gets Organic
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- True Sake In The News - NY Times and History Channel
- Sake Challenge - Sake vs. Vegetarian Cuisine ala Greens Restaurant
- Sake Events - I Heart Sake Tasting (sake not available in the U.S.), Sake Pop-up, Norwegian Sake
- New Store Arrivals
- Deals & Specials - 20%-Off of Hiyaoroshi Set
- Sake & Miwa - True Sake Club
- "Ask Beau" - "To Tweet or Not To Tweet"
- The SECRET WORD
Sake ain't cheap! Especially in restaurants, where they raise prices and decrease the size of pours. What to do? If you get served a puny 2 or 3oz shot glass of sake ask for a slightly bigger pour in a white wine glass. Usually the servers will "know" what you're thinking and will give you slightly more to not make the wine glass look so "sad.