True Sake Newsletter July 2012
Welcome to the July Issue of America's sake-centric Newsletter. In this very special issue see what sakes work best for your summer grilling sessions, learn who won medals at the IWC in Tokyo, find out why there is more to life than Juyondai, discover that sake is medicinal, read about a special nigori sake in the Sake Spotlight by Takami, get your Cowboy on, and learn why visiting a brewery in the summer may be more informative than visiting during brewing season.
In this issue:
- Sake Season - Top 10 Summer Grillin' Sakes
- Sake Awards - IWC Medal Winners at True Sake
- Sake Fads - More To Life Than Juyondai
- Sake Tidbit - Sake Is Medicinal
- Sake Spotlight - Takami Looks At Wakatak
- Sake Grab Bag - Alcohol Is Good For You & Masumi Knows Sake
- Sake Event - Hakkaisan Tasting
- New Arrivals - Summer Nama
- Beau-Zone Layer - Cowboy Yamahai
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- True Monthly Sake Club - Ship to 19 States
- "Ask Beau" - "What do you do when you visit a brewery off season when they aren't making sake?"
- The SECRET WORD
A "Go" is a measurement of sake. A typical wooden masu is called a Go for the quantity held within. A yongobin is the wine-sized bottle of sake, which is 24 fluid ounces. Yon is the word for 4, so Yon (4) Go (masu) Bin (bottle) means that there are four masu pours in each bottle. Oh and by doing the math you will deduce that a Go is about 6 ounces.