True Sake Newsletter May 2013
In this issue:
- Sake Judging - The International Wine Challenge 2013 London
- Sake Industry - Protecting Against Poor Quality Sakes In The Market
- Sake Health - Tamago-Zake For When You Are Sick!
- Sake Story - Sake Serendipity
- Sake Tastings - Kirinzan / Dassai / Musashimo Breweries
- Sake Dinner - May 20th at Izakaya Yuzuki with maker of Chikurin
- New Store Arrivals - Kamotsuru & Esshu
- Sake Images - Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- Beau-Zone Layer - Kenbishi Honjozo
- Ask Beau - Are you going to have a party for your Tenth Anniversary?
- The SECRET WORD
O-shaku is the concept of pouring sake for your companion. Some call it MAD - mutually assured destruction and in some senses it is as folks just fresh from work look to get their buzz on by pouring quickly for a thirsty friend. But at the end of the day friends pour sake for themselves, and the act of O-shaku is more of a formality for those who do not know each other that well. And contrary to popular notion it is not bad luck to pour your own sake!