Welcome to the 168th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this chilly San Francisco summer issue – not kidding, it’s freezing here – get the first look at True Sake’s very limited offering of a series of sakes by one of the trendiest breweries (Takachiyo) in Japan, learn the long history of the relationships between importers and distributors, how "a chance" meeting in Yamagata has a loved brewery’s sake back at True Sake, get your hands on a wonderful sparkling sake set, more information and how to get your tickets for Sake Day before it’s too late, sign up for a WSET sake class over Sake Day weekend, check out the other IWC Medal Winners in the Top Ten List, go archive mining with KJ, discover the “best” Ginjo in the market in the Beau-Zone Layer, and play your part in revamping the www.truesake.com website.
In this issue:
- Sake Luck – Trendy Takachiyo Brewery Uses True Sake To Test Market
- Sake Relationships – Maruto Sea Vegetables and Rokkasen Brewery
- Sake Surprise – A Sparkling Sake Taster Set
- Sake Party – Sake Day 2018 Tickets Going Fast!
- Sake Education – WSET Classes Over Sake Day Weekend
- Top 10 List – Ten IWC Medal Sakes To Explore
- Sake Archives – KJ Mines The Archives For “Amazing” Articles
- Beau Zone Layer – Okunomatsu Ginjo
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – Suggestions For Bettering Our Website?
On the True Sake homepage there is a section on the left side called “No Clue?” There is a fun feature to check out sake by Prefecture. If you are stuck on what you’d like to buy why not hit that link. It’s pretty cool checking out random prefectural sake offerings. Make a game of it and say you must try a sake from this prefecture or that!