Welcome to the 166th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this very summery issue we go very Junmai, so take a look at the new Junmai Glass by Riedel, go swimming with a new line up of sakes fresh to the US, get your early bird tickets for Sake Day before they sell out, check out the Top Ten List for Junmai sakes worthy of the new Junmai Glass, go digging in the True Sake Archives with KJ, learn what are some new sakes on the shelves in the New Store Arrivals section, get your Dance of the Demon on for a generational Yamahai Junmai from Ishikawa, and learn how I overcame my fear of Umami in the Ask Beau section.
In this issue:
- Sake Frontiers – The Riedel “Junmai” Sake Glass
- Sake Expressions – Akashi-Tai Swimming In The US Market
- Sake Events – The 13th Annual Sake Day! (Tickets On Sale Now)
- Top TEN List – The 10 Best Sakes For The Riedel Junmai Glass
- Sake Archives – KJ Mines The Archives For “Amazing” Articles
- New Store Arrivals – Esshu and Seikyo Nama
- Beau-Zone Layer– Tengumai “Dance of the Demon”
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “Did you once describe yourself as ‘Umami-challenged’?”
“Sake-wa honshin-wo arawasu” – Sake reveals the true heart!
“It is the man who drinks the first bottle of sake; then the second bottle drinks the first, and finally it is the sake that drinks the man” – Japanese Proverb.