Welcome to the 130th Issue of America’s sake-centric Newsletter. In this 130th – did you read that? – edition check out who won the medals and trophies in the extremely important International Wine Challenge Sake Tasting from London, read about a young kid who grew up sitting at the counter of her dad’s sake store, then behold a top ten list from this daughter who has seen sake up close and personal for the vast majority of her young life, learn the quick do’s and don’ts about keeping sake safe, get another peek at our “coming soon” sake bar called True Cup, remember the date for the best sake bash this year at the 10th Anniversary of your very own Sake Day, think about sake frozen into a tasty slushy, read our new store arrivals, and lastly wonder aloud with Ask Beau who just may dream about sake like Jiro Dreams of Sushi!
In this issue:
- Sake Medals – The Results of The International Wine Challenge
- Sake Memories – Riley Timken The First Kid Of Sake
- Top 10 List – Ten Sakes Selected By The First Daughter of Sake
- Sake Control - The Do’s and Don’ts of Keeping Sake Safe
- True Cup – The Cat Is Out Of The Cup!
- Save The Date – Sake Day’s 10th Anniversary
- “Beau-Zone” Layer – Tamanohikari Reishu “Brilliant Jade”
- New Store Arrivals – Hot Junmai Daiginjos
- Sake Images – Photos From The Soul Of Sake
- “Ask Beau” – “Do you dream about sake?”
Most sake distributors have sake tastings for the “industry” in Trade Show formats. If you have a great relationship with us, a wine shop, or a sushi or fusion restaurant that features good sakes then ask the owners if you could attend as a member of their team. It’s worth a try, and at the very least they can say that they don’t have enough tix. But if they do, go and taste sake like a professional and act that way too!