Sake Realities – New Year’s Sake Resolutions
I’m not a big resolutions guy. I don’t really focus on things that I need to change. I think they just change when they are meant to change. But, it is a good exercise to take note of your current situation to determine if there are things that need a little extra emphasis to help facilitate that change. So in the spirit of the New Year herewith is a list of my own personal Sake Resolutions for 2018.
1) I resolve to revisit some sakes that have drifted off my radar.
2) I resolve to take people up on offers that I would normally pass on.
3) I resolve to freshen up the store for a better shopping experience.
4) I resolve to own our website rather than be owned by it.
5) I resolve to get the True Sake brand out into the market more.
There ya go! That’s my list. What about you? Why not resolve to buy a case of sake this year. Yes, just like you do for wine! How about resolving to buy an isshobin of sake to get a much better value. You did know that right? The 1.8L bottles (60oz) actually save you money! Also why not resolve to try a new category of sake? Have you had taru or cedar sakes? Have you ever tried a koshu or aged sake? What about sparkling? You have a whole year to resolve to do something new in your sake world.