Top 10 List – The Ten Best Sakes To Rock Your Summer Grill
- This awesome kimoto sake speaks to those people who love to cook veggies on their grill. From mushrooms to corn and from peppers to sweet onions, this sake is great for all of those fresh and lively flavors.
9) Akashi Tai Junmai Daiginjo Genshu
- Take a Daiginjo to your grill? You bet! This genshu or “undiluted” sake is a very solid brew that pairs so well with grilled fish and shellfish. Butterfly those huge shrimp and let this Daiginjo take care of the rest!
8) Narutotai Nama Ginjo Genshu
- Of course this killer can is great with your beefiest of grilling fare, but the real action is with your spiced meats like Korean Bar-B-Q. It has the power and pop to cover the biggest sauces and hottest grilled meats, but is flavorful enough to work well with that grilled red snapper just like on the label.
7) Suehiro Densho Yamahai Junmai
- At some point every grill master resorts back to the old classics like hotdogs and hamburgers, and this super smooth sake pairs so well with the meats and the buns. Densho covers all of the classic flavors of your best dogs and burgers, and even those wacky brats from your crazy buddy’s ballpark tailgate days.
6) Ichinokura Mukansa Chokara “Super Dry”
- Without a doubt, if you do the bird on the grill this sake is the perfect sidekick. Salty, savory, greasy chicken begs for this dry honjozo that cleans up that grease and kicks butt. Truly a perfect weapon for any assortment of bird, fowl or flying thing that nests on your grill this summer.
5) Gozenshu Bodai Nigori
- Nigori or Unfiltered sake is usually a perfect cover for anything spicy with attitude on your grill. It stands up to the tangiest of sauces and to the spiciest of flavors. Go nuclear with your meats and veggies if you want as this semi-sweet nigori will reign in all of those wild and hot flavors and provide a sweet heat cover to any spicy grilled fare.
4) Fukucho Seaside Sparkling Sake
- The name on this sparkling sake says it all! Seaside is a brew made to pair with flavors from the sea. Oysters, fish, octopus, and squid you name it and this sake works with it, even when grilled. A different twist on sake, sparkling sake is a great expression that has lots of flavor and even more mouth feel. Get bubbly with your crazy grilling event.
3) Ten To Chi Junmai Daiginjo
- Not all grillers are equal! Some go overboard with highly unique grillable items. This umami rich Junmai Daiginjo is called Heaven and Earth and it actually works that way on the grill. Any exotic game or fowl is perfect for this sake that drinks rich and yummy. From wild boar to wild turkey this brew will dance with most exotic fares.
2) Umenishiki Junmai Ginjo Genshu
- This genshu or undiluted sake is the perfect sake to accompany your specially caught fish! It is superb with any grilled fish from a river, lake or sea, and really captures the essence of a starch libation versus a grape juice beverage. Rice and water works wonders with grilled trophies, and this brew is the best grilled fish partner in the business.
1) Kamoizumi Shusen Junmai Ginjo
- Proven decade after sake decade to be one of the best BBQ sakes in the biz! Sworn by the folks at Memphis Minnie’s to be the best and most full-bodied sake to ever stand up to the huge huge flavors of all kinds of secret BBQ sauces from tangy and sweet to hot and spicy. This sake is for the grill (period).