White Wine Drinker’s Collection
So white wines are your thang! You like it clean, flavorful, and at times crisp. You like it chilled when you chill. Guess what? You’re in luck because there are a ton of similarities between white wine and sake. This collection includes bright & fresh brews, clean & crisp brews, and layered & complex brews. All of the sake in this collection excel chilled and out of a white wine glass.
1) Yuki no Bosha Junmai Ginjo “Cabin in the Snow”
- This “Cabin in the Snow” sake is one of the most white-wine-like sake in the store. It has an elevated acidity level that appeals to wine drinkers. There is an excellent fruit-filled flavor profile that speaks to those who get amazed by the fact that rice & water can taste fruity & fresh. One of our go-to brews to use at sake tastings for wine drinkers.
2) Tsuchida Junmai Ginjo “White”
- This traditionally-made “Kimoto”; pole-rammed sake, is very similar to your favorite white burgundy that is layered, complex, and very round. The acidity level is increased to bounce off the rich flavors of pear, apricot, and persimmon. If you like thinking while drinking, this dance of complexity is for you as this is a pro’s sake.
3) Kudoki Jozu Junmai Ginjo “Pick-Up Artist”
- With one of the best names in the sake business; “The Pick-Up Artist”, this brew will scream white wine in your favorite wine glass. Big, bright, bombastic, and balanced. It is a fruity ride with an elegant and fresh finish. How can rice and water taste like this? Pour yourself a glass and try to figure it out.
4) Tenko 50 Junmai Daiginjo “Heavenly Grace”
- Say hello to a crisp, lively, and bright brew that excels in a white wine glass. Dried fruit tones on a flow that is confident and zesty. This brew is an adventure in fruit and fun. It’s bright and that’s why it’s white wine-like. This is one of those poolside brews that are fresh, light, and cool.
5) Tonoike (Bo:) Junmai Daiginjo
- There is a very large trend in the sake world to make sake more wine-like, and this Bo is the perfect example. Light, bright, zesty, and almost effervescent. It is a New World Sake to the nth degree. Made with Omachi rice, it is a vivid and fruity ride through the peaks and summits of mountainous flavors that jump right out of the glass.
6) Toko Ginga Shizuku Junmai Daiginjo “Divine Drops”
- This brew is called Divine Drops because of the drip filtering method the brewery uses to release a new level of flavor and feeling. Bright and tingly, it drinks lively and fresh with lots of expressive action in your white wine glass. The acidity play is brilliant as it lifts the flavors and elevates the feeling.
Yuki No Bosha Junmai Ginjo "Cabin in the Snow"great for wine lovers.from $22.00
This Limited Release Ginjo has a brilliant nose filled with peach, strawberry, and minerals. Talk about a fruity beast! A superbly innocent sake th...View full details
Tsuchida Kimoto Junmai Namachozo "White"kimoto magic from gunma-ken.$50.00
The nose on this extremely unique and very drinkable pole-rammed traditionally made sake has a stunning nose filled with cherry, Oak, lemon peel, o...View full details
Kudoki Jozu Junmai Ginjo "Pick-Up Artist"rice and water masterpiece.from $13.00
Great name and a great nose on this sake with hints of pear, apple, and purple plum aromas. Ahhhhh! A brew that gets it. A terrific feeling sake th...View full details
Tenko 50 Junmai Daiginjo "Heavenly Grace"dried cranberries, bright.$50.00
The nose on this new offering from an old famous brewery is an interesting collection of melon, apple, banana, citrus, and floral aromas. It is a f...View full details
Tonoike (Bo:) Junmai Daiginjoomachi, bright, fruity.$47.00
NOTE: This sake is bottle dated 9/2021. True Sake staff tasted this on 1/2023 and it still tastes great, and on par with the original Beau Timken r...View full details
Toko Ginga Shizuku Junmai Daiginjo "Divine Droplets"bright, crisp, melon.$88.00
The nose on this re-incarnated sake brand is a vivid collection of mint, peach, apple and pear aromas. No your eyes aren’t deceiving you! This is a...View full details