Calling All Red Wine Drinkers
So you love red wines? It’s your jam. We get it! But hold your hat, because there are many large and complex red wine characteristics in sake. Heck, there are even “Tannin-like” sake that leave the palate dry and peaked. This set of brews will appeal to those who like complexity and depth in their wines, and in most cases these sake have higher acidity levels that can compete with wine. (Typically, sake has 1/3 the acidity of wine.) If you dig your red wines you will have a ton of fun with this set.
- Deep and smooth. This powerful Junmai is a rush of full flavors that fill the palate as it leaves the bottle. Look for the legs on the sides of the glass, and enjoy the depth and complexities that are found in Burgundy and Sauvignon wines. This is chewy and fleshy goodness in rice form.
- This is a new world Junmai that is almost effervescent in nature, but it evolves into a rich Junmai as it warms. Talk about brewing techniques to capture complexity, this baby is built so well. Frisky up front. Then it slowly changes into a rich and fun ride. Which appeals to those who like their dry red wines.
- This brew is imported by a company that only deals in Argentinian wines and Japanese sake, and is a big hint on what’s inside this special bottle. Brewed using the ancient Yamahai technique, it is not charcoal filtered so it is a big bad brew that is as complex as sake can get. Truly a red wine brew that speaks to those who like climbing the mountain of complexity to achieve great heights in feeling and flavor.
- Just like there are grape varietals in the wine world, there are different brewing rice varietals in the sake world. This outstanding rich and balanced brew is made with one of the most famous ancestral strains of brewing rice. Which has given birth to the vast majority of all brewing rice. Omachi rice is what gives this brew the attitude that drinks like red wines. Liquid complexity, but very well balanced in your big glass.
- Called Heaven and Earth this Junmai Daiginjo is different from most Daiginjo. This drinks more earthy rather than fruity. It’s dry/ medium bodied, and has a very gentle umami field. Some red wines can be described as “gamey” and that is exactly how this brew drinks with hints of rich earth tones on a gentle fluid. Dry red wine fans take note.
- It’s not very often a brewery will call their sake; that it is so delicious a sake, “That makes women cry.” Behold a brew that is so stunning it is not available outside the local brewing area in Shizuoka prefecture. It’s not available in Tokyo, but it is available in the US. A truly red-wine-like brew that has loads of flavors and a long crisp tail. Bordeaux fans take note.
Original price $29.00 - Original price $29.00Original price$29.00$29.00 - $29.00Current price $29.00| /In stock
Another rich and full bodied Ishikawa Prefecture Junmai with a nose made up of musky, tangerine, yeast, caramel, and cooked rice aromas. This is a ...View full detailsOriginal price $29.00 - Original price $29.00Original price$29.00$29.00 - $29.00Current price $29.00| /
Original price $34.00 - Original price $34.00Original price$34.00$34.00 - $34.00Current price $34.00| /Out of stock
The nose on this new style Junmai is an interesting collection of sweet corn, melon, apple pie, sweet peas, and honey tea aromas. Say hello to a ve...View full detailsOriginal price $34.00 - Original price $34.00Original price$34.00$34.00 - $34.00Current price $34.00| /Sold out
Original price $42.00 - Original price $42.00Original price$42.00$42.00 - $42.00Current price $42.00| /Low stock
The nose on this special sake is an immense collection of earthy, musky, hoppy, burnt rice, and lemon peel aromas. Say hello to one of “Those” sake...View full detailsOriginal price $42.00 - Original price $42.00Original price$42.00$42.00 - $42.00Current price $42.00| /
Original price $44.00 - Original price $44.00Original price$44.00$44.00 - $44.00Current price $44.00| /In stock
The nose on this – yet another awesome sake from Dewazakura Shuzo – is filled with honey, flower, steamed rice, and lemon peel aromas. Bingo! What ...View full detailsOriginal price $44.00 - Original price $44.00Original price$44.00$44.00 - $44.00Current price $44.00| /
Original price $60.00 - Original price $60.00Original price$60.00$60.00 - $60.00Current price $60.00| /Out of stock
The nose on this is a collection of oatmeal, cooked grains, steamed rice, cantaloupe and chestnut elements. The name of this sake translates to “ma...View full detailsOriginal price $60.00 - Original price $60.00Original price$60.00$60.00 - $60.00Current price $60.00| /Sold out