Warm Sake Collection
A very large segment of the sake landscape is meant to be warmed when served. You mean HOT sake? Yes, this often-maligned segment of the sake industry is actually one of the most flavorful and expressive in all of the sake world. Hot sake does not mean bad sake, it’s actually bad sake that has been over-heated to mask the flavor of bad sake. There are 100’s of amazing sake that are made to be warmed, and there are even warm sake competitions in Japan. It’s a very fun segment to explore or to become reacquainted with, because of all the libations out there sake has the largest serving temperature spectrum by far. So have some fun and get your warm sake on!
- One of the kings of the warming sake segment. This “Oldest Brand” in Japan Honjozo is an awesome texture play as the viscous brew stays soft and round when heated. It doesn’t turn into that Jet Fuel burning scenario, but rather evolves into a rich and luscious therapeutic flow. A total fan favorite.
- Winner of many kan-sake (Hot Sake) awards. This Yamagata brew is one of the best-feeling warm sake in the heated segment. It has a deep layer of cherry tones that manifest into a tremendous warm cherry pie flavor when heated. Velvety, viscous, and voluminous this brew was born to be warmed and it’s best served in small cups.
- Always voted one of the best Pub sake in Japan. This brew is always warmed on those chilly nights. Some would say it was built for Niigata’s snowy nights, because Niigata snowmelt water is used in the brewing process. Rich and round it drinks with some honey tones as it warms, and who doesn’t like warm honey flavors?
- This Hiroshima made brew is absolutely one of the best warming sake in the market. Rich earth tones and a gentle creaminess makes this sake drink like warmed amber when it’s in your small cup. Maple syrup, honey, and a hint of shiitake mushrooms dance in the warm thick fluid that feels so great on the palate.
- Not all warming sake needs to be chewy, fat, and viscous. This Niigata brew is on the thin side, but it’s very flavorful when it’s warmed. There is no residual “heat” or jagged edges that burn zesty on the palate. Look for nice warmed rice tones with a hint of nougat and a little cocoa. Because it is on the thin side, you can actually drink a lot of this heated brew and that’s cool.
- Did you read that right? A nama for warming? Say what? We at True Sake do not believe in the so-called rules of sake that say you shouldn’t do this or do that. And one of the biggest is “don’t warm unpasteurized sake.” Screw that! We love going off the beaten trail, and this very rich and profoundly sweet brew is awesome for warming, as it gets lush and rich in the glass. It’s so interesting to taste a warmed sweet brew that it will leave you wanting more and more.
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$12.00 - $40.00$12.00 - $40.00Current price $12.00| /Low stock
The nose on this extremely famous Honjozo from the brewery that calls itself “The Oldest Brand Since 1505” is a dynamic collection of steamed rice,...View full detailsOriginal price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$12.00 - $40.00$12.00 - $40.00Current price $12.00| /
Original price $15.00 - Original price $34.00Original price$15.00 - $34.00$15.00 - $34.00Current price $15.00| /In stock
The #1 rated Honjozo in Japan. This sake has a brilliant nose of spice, sandalwood, campfire, mushroom, and tropical fruit. The first sip spells a ...View full detailsOriginal price $15.00 - Original price $34.00Original price$15.00 - $34.00$15.00 - $34.00Current price $15.00| /
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$38.00$38.00 - $38.00Current price $38.00| /Out of stock
This Junmai Ginjo is on the opposite end of the spectrum to a fruity and floral sake. It has a full nose of shiitake mushrooms, woodsy earth tones ...View full detailsOriginal price $0.00 - Original price $0.00Original price $0.00$38.00$38.00 - $38.00Current price $38.00| /Sold out
Original price $61.00 - Original price $61.00Original price$61.00$61.00 - $61.00Current price $61.00| /Out of stock
What a bottle! Do good looks translate to good tastes? You bet, as the very mild nose on this Ginjo is a whisper of steamed rice, crushed leaves, c...View full detailsOriginal price $61.00 - Original price $61.00Original price$61.00$61.00 - $61.00Current price $61.00| /Sold out
Original price $42.00 - Original price $42.00Original price$42.00$42.00 - $42.00Current price $42.00| /Out of stock
*NOTE: This sake is unpasteurized. We can ship unpasteurized sake, however it is at the customer's discretion. It's best to avoid shipping unpaste...View full detailsOriginal price $42.00 - Original price $42.00Original price$42.00$42.00 - $42.00Current price $42.00| /Sold out