Clean Like Water Set
Let’s face it, some folks like their sake to be extremely clean, pristine, and generally just like water. Since the final product of sake is 80% water then it’s nice to taste brews that are very water like. And remember not all waters taste the same, so of the brews in this set taste like different waters from mineral water to the sensation of biting into a snowball for that awesome snowmelt experience.
1) Shirataki Jozen Junmai Ginjo "White"
- How do you know when a sake drinks just like water? When it’s written right on the label. This Jozen has “Mizunogotoshi” front and center on the label and it translates to “Just Like Water.” If you’re not a fan of alcohol taste or typical ricey sake taste then this pristine and clean brew is for you.
2) Yukikage Tokubetsu Junmai "Snow Shadow"
- Like-water sake can also taste like different types of water. This brew from Niigata is made with “Tengu no Mizu” soft spring water that gives this sake a slipperiness that appeals to those who like things light in their brews. Very clean and lower in alcohol, this sake is spot on for those who enjoy like-water experiences.
3) Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo "White Crane"
- Clean, light, and elegant this Junmai Ginjo is whisper soft with a gentleness that speaks to those who love it light and easy. Just because a sake is water-like doesn’t mean that it doesn’t hide sneaky and sly flavors that dance about, but remain in the distance of each sip. Truly a gentle and elegant brew that is more complex than merely simply clean.
4) Rokkasen Yamahoshi Junmai Ginjo
- Does gentle, soft, and like water sake mean “beginner’s” sake? Hell no! Making pristine, clean, and slippery sake is an art form in sake production. This Yamagata sake is on the cusp of how gentle and easy a sake can be, while still being flavorful and elegant. One of the softest on-the-palate-sake in the market. It is not to be missed if like-water is your thing.
5) Yaegaki Mu Junmai Daiginjo "Nothingness"
- Mu roughly translates to “Nothingness.” How cool is that? Mu is one of those superb brews that shows you how subtle and ethereal a sake can be. Light and clean, this “Nothingness” is perfect for those who prefer their sake to be void of booziness or harshness. Clean, like water, and totally confident, Mu is your calling for that special sake experience.
6) Mizunoshirabe Ginjo "Sound Of Water"
- When a sake is called “The sound of water” you know that the water is key. This Ginjo is one of those “Must Try” sake so you can see how gentle sake can be in the glass. Softer and easier than any wine can ever be, this brew epitomizes the celebration of the technique of trying to craft a sake to taste as light and clean as water. But don’t be fooled by how clean this brew is because it is a food-pairing monster that remarkably stands up to big flavors.
Shirataki Jozen Junmai Ginjo "White"clean & pristine.from $5.00
The nose on this clean and pristine sake is a collection of cherry, mineral water, corn, pineapple, and cotton candy elements. Is this the new old ...View full details
Yukikage Tokubetsu Junmai "Snow Shadow"solid, easy, clean.$27.00
This "solid as your father" sake has a mild nose filled with green apple, bamboo, steamed rice, apricot and pudding elements. Talk about a "feeling...View full details
Hakutsuru Junmai Ginjo "Superior"コスパ (kosupa).from $8.00
This Ginjo has a nose of soft ripe strawberries and grass. It has a very mild and dry start that develops into a more fruity finish. It is a perfec...View full details
Mizunoshirabe Ginjo "Sound Of Water"Ginjo$26.00
"Sound of Water" has a really superb nose filled with hints of peaches, grapes, and persimmons with an undercurrent of minerals and green grasses. ...View full details